Audeju Street is in the Old City (from Marstalu Street to Aspazijas boulevard). Its total length is 240 meters. It was first recorded in documents in 1392 as the street on this side of Beavers Gate (platea ante beverportam - Latin; de beverportestrate - Low Dutch), which was situated at the very end of the present Audeju Street near Kaleju Street. In the 15th-16th century the Street was called Bebru Street (Beverstrate[PCU1]), and later, due to the pronunciation, it gained another name - "Weverstrate". In the 19th century the Street name in Latvian was Veveru Street, later - Audeju Street (Weaver Street). Initially Audeju Street led out to Skarnu Street. At the beginning of the 19th century Audeju Street was connected to Grecinieku Street. Buildings from the 17th-19th century have survived in Audeju Street. L'Art Nouveau decorative forms are used. The first building representing this type of architecture style in Riga was built in 1899; the project's author is A. Aschenkampf [PCU2](building on 7/9 Audeju Street).
Audeju street 7
Audeju street 9